With the holidays coming up, you and I both know we are all going to eat some things we regret. Make up for the not-so-healthy foods you will inevitably be consuming with some delicious and nutrient-filled microgreens. Easy to grow with Logro Farm’s Microgreen Garden Kit, microgreens are filled with essential vitamins and just so happen to pair well with just about any recipe.
Here are three of our favorite microgreen recipes.
Chipotle Lentil Tacos With Avocado And Microgreens
- ½ cup black lentils
- 1½ cups vegetable broth
- 1 minced chipotle in adobo sauce
- 1 to 2 tablespoons of the adobo sauce, divided
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon coriander
- ½ avocado, cut into small cubes
- 1 cup mixed microgreens
- 1 teaspoon fresh lime juice
- ½ teaspoon honey or brown rice syrup
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 4 to 6 corn tortillas
- 1 to 2 ounces cotija, feta or goat cheese
- Minced cilantro, garnish
- Rinse the lentils. Place them in a sauce pan with the broth, minced chipotle, 1 tablespoon adobo sauce, lime juice, salt, cumin and coriander. Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer; cover and cook until lentils are tender but not mushy, 22 to 25 minutes. Taste and add more adobo sauce, if you’d like more heat.
- Combine the avocado and microgreens. In a small bowl, beat together lime juice, honey and olive oil. Pour over the microgreens and avocado, tossing until greens are coated. Divide the lentil mixture among the tortillas. Top with the avocado salad, crumbled cheese and minced cilantro.
End Of Summer Salad
- 3 1/2 cups microgreens
- 1 cup blackberries (ripe and sweet!)
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts
- 1 ear red corn, cut off the cob
- 1/2 bunch white asparagus
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 clove of garlic, pressed
- 2 tablespoons chopped caper berries (stems removed)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons of mint, finely chopped
- sea salt
- black pepper
- Rinse and dry microgreens. Set aside.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine olive oil, red wine vinegar, mint, garlic, chopped caper berries and a punch of salt. Place in refrigerator until ready to serve.
- Trim ends off asparagus. Lightly coat spears with olive oil and cook on medium heat over a grill pan or on your grill until seared to your preference. Sprinkle lightly with sea salt and pepper. Cut into 1/2 inch pieces.
- Assemble the salad bycombining microgreens, corn, asparagus, blackberries and pine nuts in a large bowl. Add salad dressing (recipe makes enough for some leftovers, depending on preference). Toss well and serve immediately!
Radish And Egg Salad Sandwich With Microgreens
- 8 eggs
- 1 bunch radishes
- 1 bunch chives
- ½ cup Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- Alfalfa sprouts
- 8 slices whole grain bread
- Boil the eggs.
- When the eggs are cooked and cooled, peel them and chop them roughly.
- Wash the radishes, then cut them in half and thinly slice them. Thinly slice 3 tablespoons of chives.
- In a bowl, combine the eggs, radishes and chives with 1/2 cup Greek yogurt, 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard and 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt. Taste, then add more seasonings as desired.
- To assemble, spread egg salad on one bread slice, then top with microgreens and another bread slice.
Grow a Microgreen Garden yourself or gift one this holiday season and try one of these delicious recipes.Microgreen Garden