The malls are buzzing, chocolates are flying from the shelves and roses are being ordered by the dozen. Valentine’s Day is coming.
Instead of fighting the swarms of lovebirds flocking to local eateries on Valentine’s Day, enjoy a delicious meal in the comfort of your own home. Turn your living room into a romantic bistro complete with flowers, candles and home-cooked chow. Make your loved one a delicious three-course meal with microgreens – an excellent source of proteins and vitamins –to balance your sugary week. Then snuggle up to your loved one in the comfort of your own home and unashamedly gobble fistfuls of caramel truffles.
YOU MAKE MY HEART BEET SALAD
Start to finish: 20 minutes
1 head of endive, sliced
1/4 cup of microgreens
1 cooked red beet
1 navel orange cut into segments
2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
3 tablespoons olive oil
Pinch of salt
Pinch of sugar
- Whisk the dressing ingredients together and set aside.
- Plate the salad ingredients. Chop the endive and place a handful on each plate. Add orange segments and microgreens evenly onto each bed of endive.
- Slice the cooked beet into 1/4-inch segments and delicately cut into the shape of a heart. Place these on top of your salad. Dress according to preference.
CHICKPEA BLINI WITH HUMMUS, MUSHROOMS AND MICROGREENS
Start to finish: 40 minutes
Servings: 32 blini
1 cup chickpea (Garbanzo Bean or Besan) flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup water
2 teaspoon olive oil
3 tablespoons dried Logro Farms mushrooms
1/3 cup boiling water
500 grams (17 ounces) button mushrooms, sliced
1 to 2 tablespoons olive oil, for frying
1 large clove of garlic, finely chopped
Salt and pepper, to taste
1/3 cup Logro Farms microgreens
2 cups cooked chickpeas (garbanzo beans)
2 tablespoons tahini
1 garlic clove
Juice of 1 lemon
½ teaspoon ground cumin
½ teaspoon salt
1 to 2 tablespoons water
- Begin by making the crepes. Combine the chickpea flour with the salt in a large bowl and whisk to combine. Add the water and whisk until smooth. Whisk in the olive oil and let the batter rest for 1 hour.
- While the chickpea batter rests soak some beautifully pungent Logro Farms mushrooms in boiling water. Once rehydrated, finely chop the mushrooms reserving the water.
- Make the hummus by placing all of the ingredients in a food processor and processing until smooth. Taste, adjust seasonings as needed and refrigerate.
- Lightly brush a 7-inch frying pan with olive oil and set it over medium heat. Add spoonfuls of batter. Cook for 1 minute, or until the edges start to turn brown. Flip and cook for 1 minute before transferring to a large plate. Repeat with the remaining batter.
- Return the pan to a medium high heat and add the oil and mushrooms. Fry until golden. Add the finely chopped mushrooms, garlic and mushroom water and cook until the liquid has evaporated. Season, to taste.
- To serve top the blini with a spoonful of hummus and mushrooms and top with a generous amount of Logro Farms microgreens.
MINI STRAWBERRY CHOCOLATE TART WITH WHIPPED GOAT CHEESE AND MICRO GREENS
Start to finish: 1 hour 20 minutes
For the crust
1 cup almond flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 Tablespoon cocoa powder
2 Tablespoons maple syrup
1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
For the filling
1.5 ounces of goat cheese, at room temperature
2 Tablespoons greek yogurt
1 Tablespoon maple syrup
About 1 1/2 cups strawberries
Handful of Logro Farms microgreens
- To make the crust, whisk together the almond flour and salt. Add in the maple syrup and coconut oil and whisk until a crumbly dough forms.
- Divide the dough in half and press the dough into two miniature pie pans (or a regular size pie pan if you doubled the recipe). Use a fork and pierce the dough all over.
- Stick in the fridge for 30 minutes. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and bake for 15 minutes or until it starts to brown. Remove from oven and let cool before adding toppings.
- In a blender or food processor, combine the goat cheese, yogurt, and maple syrup. Spread into an even layer on the tart crusts.
- Top with strawberries and Logro Farm microgreens.
Order your Logro Farms goodies today and grow them in time for your V Day dinner.